Since the beginning of the year, the Boynton Beach CRA has been on an award winning roll, which continued this week when the agency received nine awards from the International Festivals & Events Association (IFEA) at its 61st Annual Convention, Expo and Retreat.
The IFEA is an international organization that recognizes and celebrates outstanding achievements for festivals and events that are hosted worldwide. Competing against festivals and events that are produced globally in countries like Canada, Ireland, Australia, and Slovenia, as well as, a number of domestic states the agency validated their overall efforts to established Boynton Beach as a viable contender, winning awards for marketing collateral that was produced for signature events like the Haunted Pirate Fest and Mermaid Splash, Project Seahorse, and MLK Celebration.
On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 Tracy Smith-Coffey, the CRA’s Marketing and Business Development Specialist, was pleasantly surprised when she found out that the agency had won numerous awards, but sweeping the category for Best Street Banners with bronze, silver, and gold awards was quite a shocker.
Since the beginning of the year, the CRA has won 20 awards for its marketing, special events, and economic development efforts. The agency which primarily focuses on redeveloping the blighted areas in Eastern Boynton Beach, along the Federal Highway corridor, produces a number of events each year to attract visitors to the pristine and newly redeveloped downtown area, which is an effort to promote the local district businesses and bolster tourism within the City of Boynton Beach.
“The goal of the Boynton Beach CRA is to reduce slum and blight and to attract visitors to experience the investments being made within the CRA district,” said Vivian Brooks, executive director of the Boynton Beach Community Redevelopment Agency. “Winning these awards reinforces the work that the agency has been doing the past year to achieve these goals.”
The CRA proudly adds the following awards to its collection:
- Gold – Boynton Beach Celebrates MLK – Best Street Banners
- Gold – Haunted Pirate Fest & Mermaid Splash- Best Event Photo
- Gold – Haunted Pirate Fest & Mermaid Splash- Best Outdoor Billboard
- Gold – Haunted Pirate Fest & Mermaid Splash- Best Event Merchandize-Recycled Banner Bags
- Silver – Haunted Pirate Fest & Mermaid Splash- Best Street Banners
- Bronze – Catch the Holiday Spirit in Boynton Beach- Best Street Banners
- Bronze – Project Seahorse video- Best Event Video
- Bronze – Haunted Pirate Fest & Mermaid Splash – Best Radio Promotion
- Bronze – Haunted Pirate Fest & Mermaid Splash – Best Event Program